Monday, January 17, 2011

Ramblings of the morning...

Do you know what I find to be extremely frustrating? The fact that I have a ton of ideas and information floating about in my head, yet I cannot get any of it out and on paper that makes any sense.

I want to be profound and thought provoking. I want to seem witty and completely charming. But here I sit. In front of this computer... blank.

I had a delightful Girls Night with friends. We cooked and laughed and shared a bit of gossip. We all talked of our futures. They listened to me swoon over Henry and how much in love I am with him. We talked of children (theirs and the ones most of them teach) and pets. It was a nice get a way evening for just girls and I really needed that.

Today is Martin Luther King, Jr day and a lot of 'normal' people are off work for that. Sometimes I wonder if people even realize WHY they are off work. I think it should be mandatory for everyone to read a bit of his speeches. Actually take in the words this man said. He had a lot of vision for this country and for the people in it. I'm sure there are a lot of things he would be proud of today, but in the same token, there are other things he would be ashamed to see. To me, what it boils down to is this..... Be kind to each other because you really do not know what the other person has had to endure to be in this place at this time. And always always always share your smile, it's free and probably the best gift you can give anyone.

I have several things I'm looking forward to. Starting with this week, I get to meet Henry's parents. He tells me they are going to adore me, but that doesn't make me any less nervous. It's a healthy nervous. I just want his parents to know how much I care and love him. And that I would do anything in my power to keep him happy. What I really would like to say to them is, thank you. Thank you for raising such an incredible man.

I got to meet Quint, Henry's 13 year old son, last week for lunch. It went well and he is such a sweet young man. I cannot wait to do more things with him and learn more about him.

You know, with my mother being so sick the past couple of months I've not had time to really do any thinking about things for me. But I'll tell you this. For some reason, and it must have been the girls night that did it, I really miss my best friend Virna today. I miss her everyday, but today seems stronger. I guess between being stressed about Mom and my Dad for that matter, and falling in love with Henry, I've not been able to share with her a lot of my feeling about all of this because she is still in Florida. It's not the same via text messages. We rarely speak on the phone because her schedule is so different, and for a while I was mostly up at night. And she is soooo not a night person. So we rely on texting and emailing a lot. I learned from facebook today that she doesn't feel well, but is still at work, so I'll try to get in touch with her sometime this week. *sigh*

Well, I'm going to go prepare something for lunch for my mother and hope she eats it. We'll see. Her wound care nurse should be out this afternoon, and finally after being home over a week, we've got physical therapy and occupational therapy coming out this week. YAY!

No comments: