Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tonight's Moon

I don't care who you are, how big or small your problems are, if you step outside and look at tonight's full moon..............
... everything around you will slip away and seem tiny.
This moon, in all of its glory, got me thinking about life and love. In this world, in the grand scheme of things we are all extremely tiny. We are all living our lives, making the best out of our situations. Moving about day to day. Doing ordinary things. Perhaps doing extraordinary things. But who notices? Most of us will never be the top story on the 10 o'clock news, nor will we be the opening tag to Entertainment Tonight. And I'm okay with that.
I'll tell you who actually notices us... family, friends, and the ones that love you. Sometimes in this simple and complex world we are lucky enough to have people around us who see us for who we truly are. I feel like I am one of those very lucky people. I know my family loves me and sees what a great person I am. I know that with recent events my parents are grateful to have me here to help them and feel blessed that I am as smart and as helpful as I am. I know my friends love and admire me for being such a trustworth, loyal friend and daughter. I also know they think I'm pretty darn funny! And as for those that love me, well, I know that Henry thinks I am pretty amazing. And may I just tell you, having all of that in my life makes me feel like God placed this giant and amazing full moon in the sky just for me.
My life may be simple and ordinary, but it feels pretty amazing to me. And I feel like the luckiest woman around these days. And in the grand scheme of life, isn't that what it's all about?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(*this picture of the full moon was taken tonight by my friend Chris Bechtel.. Thank you for letting me share!)

No comments: