Thursday, January 27, 2011

in a word...

STRESS : A specific response by the body to a stimulus, as fear or pain, that disturbs or interferes with the normal physiological equilibrium of an organism. Physical , mental. or emotional strain or tension.

WORRY : to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts. A cause of uneasiness or anxiety; trouble.



Yep, that about sums up my day thus far. Mom's procedure... which was supposed to be under a local anesthetic and last only 45 minutes to an hour. Well, they had to put her completely under, which is complicated for her on soooo many levels. She has so many drug allergies and to eggs, this may not seem like such a problem for most, but a lot of anesthesia uses a white egg base for the medication. So, now, we are on hour 3 and still no word from anyone on her medical team. I've got two thoughts running through my head right now. One, no news is good news. Second, something is happening and the surgical crew can't come out and say yet. *sigh*

I'm trying to remain calm and a little stoic for my Dad who is sitting next to me. I sent him to get himself some lunch so his sugar doesn't drop. I don't need 2 parents ill right now!!

Worried and stressed. That's me right now. Well, and maybe a little cranky... which I'm trying not to be, but it's hard to keep it all in line right now. I'm gonna try to keep a smile on my face and a constant conversation with God going in my head.


No comments: