Monday, January 17, 2011

Dr. Cindy?

I think I live in a never ending infirmary and I'm the doctor, nurse, psychologist, opthamologist, veterinarian, and general booboo fixer.

Tonight alone, I've bathed my Mom. Changed, cleaned, and packed the incision on Mom's belly. Administered all of her medications at the times they were supposed to be given. And rubbed her dry skin with lotion.

For my Daddy, he has new eye drops that he can't seem to put in on his own. So... drop away I did.

And for 2 of the 3 dogs, we're pretty sure they are trying to get ear infections. There has been a lot head shaking and ear scratching from these puppies. So, I locked them in the bathroom with me and proceeded to wash out and clean their ears with some peroxide. Then put some ear drops in to help calm and soothe the shaking and scratching.

I now sit in my room and can only shake my own head. My cell phone just rang and it was my mother, she wanted to say goodnight to me and tell me she loves me. And right before she hung up, she says to me, "Thank you for all of it Cindy, you're a good girl and I love you!" That sentence alone makes all I do for my family worth while. Yes, it's stressful. Yes, sometimes I'm completely overwhelmed. Yes, a lot of times I'm tired and exhausted. But this is what my parents need right now, and I love them. I'm glad that I'm able to do this for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post alone is enough to make me fall head over heels
in love with you all over again. You don't know the depth of admiration I feel for you for all you do, but I assure you it is almost as great as the love I have for you in my heart.
Henry